October is Rosary Month. On October 7, Irish Catholics commemorate the Blessed Mother’s Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary. October was also the month in which Mary appeared to shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal, for the final time, encouraging them to “say the rosary every day to obtain global peace.”
Jewelry Guides & Education Our goal at The Irish Jewelry Company is to equip you with a piece of Irish Jewelry to treasure always. By educating you on Irish culture and customs and about jewelry. Through our educational posts on culture, jewelry and even our buyer, and style guides based on our thirty years in the jewelry industry we hope to help you make informed decisions on buying our jewelry.
- The Celtic Cross is well-known as a representation of Irish culture across the world. Discover more about the beautiful stone monuments’ distinguishing characteristics, origin, history, functions, symbolism, and significance.
- Couples’ rings are a significant symbol of their deep connection. Whether you choose matching rings or mix and match styles, our illustrious range of couples rings elegantly mixes to symbolize your love. A couple’s ring serves as an engagement or “promise” ring and is associated with a variety of symbols. A couples ring often signifies a commitment to a monogamous relationship and a trusting partnership and serves as a precursor to future engagement. A promise ring basically refers to a pre- engagement where one party promises the other that they will propose to them at some point in the future.
- Popular for over a thousand years, ‘Connemara Marble‘ also known as “Irish Green“is a serpentine-rich limestone used as a decorative face stone. When it comes to the Emerald Isle, the color and design of this material perfectly embodies the natural beauty of Ireland. Artists, architects, and artisanal companies around the world have all discovered the beauty of Connemara Marble from Ireland.
- Sep 22 2021Today is the first day of autumn. The fall equinox will occur today, September 22, 2021, at 3:21 p.m. Eastern. The Sun will be exactly above the Earth’s equator at that time, appearing overhead at noon as seen from the equator. Every year, around the same time, the Sun shines directly over the equator, distributing the same amount of light on both sides of the planet.
- Sep 16 2021If you were born in June, you have three intriguing birthstones to choose from: pearl jewelry, moonstone jewelry, and alexandrite jewelry. Because alexandrite is one of nature’s rarest gemstones, most birthstone jewelry lovers born in this month will gravitate toward pearl and moonstone.
- Sep 16 2021Those who were born in April are fortunate as the birthplace of the Diamond for April. Timeless and immensely popular are diamond birthstones – 86 percent of U.S. pairs, after all, select diamonds as their central stones for engagement rings.
- Sep 02 2021What is Karat Gold? Karat Gold refers to a standardized industry unit of measurement regarding the percentages of metal alloy added to pure to to either strengthen it, decrease gold caratage to reduce costs or change it’s color.
- Sep 02 2021Let’s talk about social media infuencers, those nifty trend setters. Today with the popularity of social media these days trends in jewelry especially, are spreading quickly. Men’s jewelry trends in fashion are on fire as of late. As it turns out men like to accessorize just as much as women. They are taking a lot more pictures of their own curated style on social media showing off their various talents, body art and fashion sense just as much as female influencers are these days.
- The trinity knot is a Celtic and early Christian symbol unity and eternity that has evolved into a modern symbol of love everlasting. During the Celtic Revival in the 1800s the unending knot, or triquetra over time become a romantic symbol of never ending and eternal love, that can transcend time.