If you were born in June, you have three intriguing birthstones to choose from: pearl jewelry, moonstone jewelry, and alexandrite jewelry. Because alexandrite is one of nature’s rarest gemstones, most birthstone jewelry lovers born in this month will gravitate toward pearl and moonstone.
Jewelry Guides & Education Our goal at The Irish Jewelry Company is to equip you with a piece of Irish Jewelry to treasure always. By educating you on Irish culture and customs and about jewelry. Through our educational posts on culture, jewelry and even our buyer, and style guides based on our thirty years in the jewelry industry we hope to help you make informed decisions on buying our jewelry.
- Sep 16 2021Those who were born in April are fortunate as the birthplace of the Diamond for April. Timeless and immensely popular are diamond birthstones – 86 percent of U.S. pairs, after all, select diamonds as their central stones for engagement rings.
- Sep 02 2021What is Karat Gold? Karat Gold refers to a standardized industry unit of measurement regarding the percentages of metal alloy added to pure to to either strengthen it, decrease gold caratage to reduce costs or change it’s color.
- Sep 02 2021Let’s talk about social media infuencers, those nifty trend setters. Today with the popularity of social media these days trends in jewelry especially, are spreading quickly. Men’s jewelry trends in fashion are on fire as of late. As it turns out men like to accessorize just as much as women. They are taking a lot more pictures of their own curated style on social media showing off their various talents, body art and fashion sense just as much as female influencers are these days.
- The trinity knot is a Celtic and early Christian symbol unity and eternity that has evolved into a modern symbol of love everlasting. During the Celtic Revival in the 1800s the unending knot, or triquetra over time become a romantic symbol of never ending and eternal love, that can transcend time.
- Sep 02 2021Gold and gold jewelry has been a treasured commodity throughout ancient history. The first historical evidence of gold jewelry in a society occurred in ancient Egypt around 3,000 B.C. Gold was a highly valued metal that was easy to work with in its purest form. Gold was treasured in Egyptian mythology. Gold and gold jewelry was highly valued by pharaohs and Egyptian temple priests. So important, and highly treasured that the capstones on the Pyramids of Giza were made of solid gold.
- Sep 02 2021The green is actually caused by oxidation, and all silver will oxidize (it’s also what gives silver a tarnished look). There are some costume jewelry items that cause the same effect. Most of them contain nickel. It’s not poisonous in small quantities but it can provoke a reaction in people allergic to nickel. This “green finger effect” and the tarnishing of silver may also be an allergic reaction to alloy elements in sterling silver or gold.
- Sep 02 2021Shopping for a wedding ring can be a very confusing process since most people have never done it before. Let’s face you it that there is some pressure there because you are basically picking out a piece of jewelry your are going to have to wear a very long time. The pandemic hasn’t made the process any easier since most people are know purchasing their wedding rings online due to shopping safety and inventory constraints. But don’t worry most online jewelers like The Irish Jewelry Company usually have their wedding ring assortments broken out in a variety of categories making it easier to shop for that special rings either by styles, metal or price point.
- Aug 15 2021Sterling silver is a commonly used precious metal for jewelry for its affordability and for it is lustrous color, versatility, and durability. Sterling silver is commonly used in Irish Jewelry like claddagh rings. But beautiful sterling silver jewelry requires good care or it could tarnish, losing its shine and luster.
- Aug 15 2021Summer weather and all that comes with the excitement of the season can be very hard on jewelry of all kinds. Protecting your jewelry from the harsh summer elements and outdoor activities are every important part of your jewelry care routine. So as your pack up for your summer vacation or plan on that summer hike or even taking a trip to the beach, you should learn the best ways to care for your jewelry this summer in order to maintain its beauty!